Slider

James and Cat

Monday 10 February 2014

Interesting Fact…

The term 'honeymoon' first originated in Babylon, about 4,000 years ago. Honeymoon came into use for the month after a wedding, when the bride's father would give the groom all the mead he wanted. Mead is actually a honey beer, and being so, the Babylon's calendar was a lunar calender, which is based off the moon. They then started to call that month, the 'honey month', which we now have adapted to be honeymoon.

This interesting fact is brought to you by Wikipedia. Not always the fountain of truthful information but I like to believe it’s true.

Three months before my 28th birthday, around the time I had decided to ask for Catherine’s hand. I decided that I wanted to add another skill to my quiver of past times. By this time I had become quite the Baker with a long gallery for cakes and buns (yes a future post will go into this in more detail) also I had hit a pinnacle point with my work in crochet. My next adventure was the magical world of brewing beer.
 

 
It was a random Thursday when I arrived home from work when I ran into the house to be greeted by Catherine, once again I was like an excited little boy who thought he had invented sliced bread.

“CATHERINE...” (pause for dramatic effect) “I have had the best idea ever!!!” (more dramatic pausing) “I am going to start brewing my own Beer!!!! I’ve even got a name for it all figured out… LIQUID COURAGE”

Catherine - “How the heck did you know I was going to get you a Beer brewing kit for your birthday?”

This was all the proof I needed, if I ever needed proof to begin with. Catherine is my soul mate, my other half. She knows what I want before I even dream up the crazy thing I want. She completes me.

This all leads me back to the interesting fact. Honey Mead. Whilst brewing my beer, which I received in time to brew and serve at my birthday (Clever move Catherine) I decided to go the extra mile and brew my own Honey Mead. This was a simple process of fermenting honey in water with yeast. I had even thought of a name “MORRIS MEAD”.

Trust me there is a connection.                                                                                     

So Honeymoon – Honey Mead… I thought it would be an awesome idea that as our wedding favours that each person would receive a miniature bottle of honey mead with a tagline about the interesting fact. This idea is not the one we will be using for our wedding however feel free to use it yourself.

This brings me full circle around to where my next post will continue… the Honeymoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
HIBS100 Index of Home and Interior Blogs